Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My purse debacle...

While I was at Target last night checking out, I placed my purse on the counter when the lady in line behind me kindly pointed out "Honey, I think it might be time for a new purse" and nodded towards mine. I looked down, immediately embarrassed then looked back at her and smiled. What was I supposed to say to that? Looking back now I should have asked her if that was an invitation to buy me one.

But in all actuality she was right. My purse is not treated kindly these days. It's abused, thrown, tugged around by little man and occasionally sat on. I don't really think about it though, how worn this particular purse looks. I don't carry it everyday. I really only carry my diaper bag, because typically I have a toddler in tote. The purse in question was not even purchased by me. It was given to me last year by a friend who was replacing it with a new one, and it was in great condition at the time. Now, it is fraying on the handles and looks like it's been put through a shredder. Sure, I have plenty of other purses I could switch this one out with. But they are packed away in a box that I haven't looked in since before CJ was born. I also have a very beautiful purse my aunt gave me around Christmas time last year... but I fear the damage that would be done to it if I expose it to the elements (little man).
Maybe it is time I treat myself, and buy a new purse and vow to not allow the same abuse my current purse has endured. Or maybe, I could just cut the frays off and call it a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment