Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Hangover

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Countless days prepping, checking shopping lists and trips to the grocery store for a meal that lasts 20 minutes. But it is well worth it to me. Bringing family together to laugh and enjoy each others company. Little Man was so exhausted with all the excitement and he didn't want to nap, as you can clearly see in our Thanksgiving family portrait below. He did enjoy the sweet potatoes and banana pudding though! It was a great day.


This was my first year hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house. Luckily, I divided up the menu throughout my family so I would not have to cook everything by myself. The turkey came out beautiful. I took a bit of Sandra Lee's recipe: Food Network Sandra Lee Butter Herb Turkey . I didn't use the onions, garlic or vegetables, but I did use some orange zest in the butter and stuffed the turkey with some as well.



This is the 2nd year I've made this turkey and it always comes out so moist. You can also use this recipe with a chicken. We have been feasting on turkey and all the fixings since Thursday. Last night I decided to use up all the left overs in a turkey pot pie. I used this recipe- All Recipes- Easy turkey pot pie . I threw in some left over mashed potatoes to make it a bit more thick, as well as some poultry seasoning for extra flavor. It came out pretty good.

I think it's pretty safe to say though, we are all suffering from a turkey hangover now. Spaghetti is on our menu for tonight.

I hope that you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as I did!


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you guys had a great Thanksgiving! We didn't host, so we brought leftovers home from both parent's houses. Didn't quite get turkey hangover, but I do think I got pie hangover. Lol. Can you believe there is such a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turkey looks fantastic! I'm glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, anything that has to do with pie, turkey or ham- I have an immediate stomach ache! LOL.
    Thank you Joanna! I hope your Thanksgiving was good too!

    ReplyDelete